Today I’ve returned from what one could say is arguably the most craziest and last-minute trip I have ever done before. LA for just 3 days.
It was so last minute, that at 12:00 on Friday I was helping to clean the house, then 30-minutes later I had booked a flight. In the short time that followed it was like a crazy act. This was a rough timeline of events that day.
- 10:00 – cleaning the house
- 11:30 – checking emails
- 12:00 – continue cleaning the house
- 12:25 – flight booked
- 12:28 – hotel booked
- 12:30 – throwing clothes into a suitcase, picking up amenity kit
- 12:35 – booking coach from LGW-LHR
- 12:55 – Getting a lift to LGW South Terminal
- 13:07 – Booked overseas transfer from LAX
- 13:20 – Missed the coach from the South due to traffic, drive to North to pick it up
- 13:30 – Board coach to LHR T5 (Friday traffic on the M25, didn’t think about that…)
- 14:15 – Traffic is a nightmare, so I start stressing about missing the flight
- 14:45 – 15 minutes after we were due to arrive, coach was still 2 miles from LHR = panic!
- 15:01 – Arrive LHR T5 with 9 minutes to spare to check-in and bag drop
- 15:12 – Finally make it through security (it was so slow)
- 15:15 – Quick detour into World Duty Free (I shouldn’t have)
- 15:19 – Board transit to T5 C
- 15:22 – Arrive T5C, proceed towards the gate
- 15:35 – Step on board the aircraft
- 15:40 – Relax with a glass of
- 16:10 – Departure to LAX!
Did I forget anything?
In all of the craziness there was only one thing I forgot to pick up from home. Headphones. Damn.
What did I do?
During my whirlwind trip, I got to catch up with friends at the Disneyland Resort, experience some of the new Halloween offerings inside Disney California Adventure Park and attend the educational sessions at the APEX Expo in Long Beach, CA.
Before I knew it, Monday afternoon arrived and it was time to fly home to London Heathrow, where I arrived this morning. A lot of my friends said I was crazy for planning a trip so-last minute that you cannot really plan; and for flying 10,000 miles round-trip for just three local nights. Would I do it again? Absolutely.
Would you ever do something as crazy as this? Let me know in the comments below.