From Autumn 2017, Delta Air Lines will introduce Delta Premium, a brand new cabin experience on selected international flights. This is very exciting news from the Atlanta-based carrier.
Featuring additional space, premium amenities and enhanced service; it looks as though Delta’s Premium Economy experience could enter the market as one of the best around.
We all know that Premium Economy is a great experience which offers are more affordable option for business and leisure travellers who wish to enjoy additional legroom and other benefits. Delta Premium is set to to take this to another level. I’ve included some of the features below:
- Additional space with up to 38″ of pitch, a seat-width of up to 19″ and up to 7″ of seat-recline
- Adjustable leg rests and head rests
- Westin Heavenly® In-Flight Blanket with pillow
- TUMI amenity kit sporting Malin+Goetz Travel Essentials
- Pre-departure beverage service
- Seasonal menu presented on Alessi serviceware which has been exclusively designed
- 13.3″ high-res in-flight entertainment screen featuring Delta Studio’s complimentary content.
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- In-seat power ports for small and large devices
- Convenient storage areas.
- Delta’s Sky Priority service (Faster check-in, fast-track security, priority boarding and expedited baggage service).
You might think that some of these features are pretty standard for a Premium Economy product, however there are certain aspects which are unique. For instance, a 13.3″ seat-back in-flight entertainment screen is very generous compared to Delta’s competitors. Throw in Westin Heavenly’s® In-Flight Blanket, a TUMI amenity kit and Sky Priorty Service; then you’ve got some features and amenities that no other airline currently offers to their Premium Economy passengers.
Delta Premium is set to be introduced on the airline’s Airbus A350s which will enter service next year. Delta A350s will feature 48 Delta Premium seats, 32 Delta One suites and 226 Main Cabin seats. The Delta Premium cabin will also be rolled out to the Boeing 777 fleet from 2018.
Delta has invested a lot of money (I’m talking billions of dollars) into its on-board product and continuously looks to enhance customer experience. What do you think of Delta Premium? I for one think it is fantastic and look forward to experiencing it from next year.